The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa route closed to new applicants on 29 March 2019. Those who already hold leave under this route can continue to apply, until 5 April 2023, to extend their stay and, until 5 April 2025, for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur: Extension applications
All those with permission under Tier 1 Entrepreneur may apply to extend their stay in the UK for a further 2 years providing they meet a number of strict requirements including the following:
· they have formally registered as a director of a business or as a self-employed person within 6 months of either entering the UK or being granted permission to stay in the UK under Tier 1 Entrepreneur;
· they have created at least two full time equivalent jobs that have existed for at least 12 months;
· they have invested the required funds into the business or businesses in the UK; and
· they are able to demonstrate that they continue to be a genuine entrepreneur.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur: Indefinite Leave to Remain
An application for Indefinite Leave to Remain can be made once an applicant has held Tier 1 Entrepreneur status for a period of at least 5 years*. In order to be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, applicants must demonstrate that they continue to meet the requirements as listed above.
Applicants must also demonstrate that:
· they have spent a continuous period of 5 years* in the UK and during this time have not breached any UK immigration laws;
· they meet the requirements in relation to absences; and
· they have sufficient knowledge of English language and have passed a Life in the UK test.
*Applicants may qualify for accelerated Indefinite Leave to Remain after 3 years if they have created 10 new full time equivalent jobs or their business received at least £5 million in income from business activity throughout the 3 years.
Our mission is to provide our clients with unbiased, accurate and complete immigration advice, which is relevant to their needs.
We recognise that the process of applying for any kind of visa or the maintenance of a Sponsor Licence, can be a stressful time for those involved and so we always treat all our clients as valued customers who have chosen us to look after their immigration future - we will not take that responsibility lightly and we will do our best to deliver the result they are hoping for.